“But what was more appalling than the fury of a wild beast, accomplishing in all innocence of heart a natural function, was the fixity of savage purpose man alone is capable of displaying. […] it was clear enough that by this time he meant to kill—nothing less. He meant it with an intensity of will utterly beyond the inferior faculties of a tiger.”
— Joseph Conrad, The Duel, from the lovely Melville House edition.
This is meant only for Sam, so that he might add it to his collection of quotes comparing men and beasts. This is exactly what blogs are for, I’m sure.
Gonna post this to my other tumblr, quotesaboutmenandbeasts.tumblr.com
- ubelmensch likes this
- rachelwetzler likes this
- neallevy36 reblogged this from mcnallyjackson
- mythologyofblue likes this
- thetargetbird likes this
- futureancestor likes this
- mcnallyjackson reblogged this from towirr and added:
- mcnallyjackson likes this
- skibinskipedia likes this
- hatethefuture likes this
- towirr posted this